The Parents Association seeks to promote a family spirit in the school and among the wider school community. To this end it meets occasionally and organises parents’ social activities throughout the year. It also supports activities run in the school e.g. fundraising events, Open Days, Graduation events.
The aims of the Association are as follows:
- To work with the school principal, staff and the board of management to build an effective partnership of home and school, in accordance with the core values and ethos of the Rockbrook Park School Mission Statement.
- To provide a forum for the views of parents.
- To represent these views to the Principal, the Board of Management and any other relevant persons or bodies as appropriate.
- To foster cooperation between the school and parents.
- To organise or assist with activities to improve the educational and financial resources of the school as required, subject to the approval of School authorities.
Overall, in keeping with the consensus the school seeks between parents, students and staff the PA seeks to be supportive of school activities and avoids being over-political.
The Rockbrook Park School Parents Association is currently affiliated to the National Parents Council.
The Constitution of the Parents Association can be downloaded from here