Physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is a vital and unique in its contribution to a student’s health and to his physical and emotional development. The physical education curriculum includes a balance of individual, team, co-operative and competitive activities at different age levels. Students are also helped to develop an understanding of the rules and concepts underpinning a wide range of sports, as well as an understanding of the importance of exercise, health hygiene and fitness habits for future life.
The school programme incorporates the following strands of physical activity: adventure activities; aquatics; athletics; games, and health-related activities. Transition Year also benefit from first aid, fitness testing, a range of community based leisure activities, as well as leadership roles in helping primary schoolchildren with orienteering, padel and nature trail instruction.
The school participates competitively in the following sports:
- Soccer: usually U13/14, U16 and U18 teams for Dublin and/or Leinster tournaments. In 2015 the school won the under 14 Metropolitan League (for schools less than 250 boys) and were league finalists in the U15 League. In 2016, the school competed in three finals (u18 Metropolitan Cup), U18 Leinster Final and U15 Leinster Final. Another school student was capped for Ireland in 2016. In 2017 the u15s won the Metropolitan league. In 2018 the U17 won the Leinster B Final and in Jan 2019 the U19 also won the Leinster B Final trophy.
- Orienteering: all age levels in Dublin, Leinster and all-Ireland championships. In 2015 the school won one individual and three team firsts at the Leinster championships and one team first and one team runner-up at the National championships. In 2016 the school again won one individual and three team firsts in the Leinster Championships and one team top award in the National championships. In 2017, the school won three team first in the Leinsters, and two silvers at the National championships. In 2018 the school again won two team firsts in the Leinster Championships.
- Gaelic Football: occasional only championship entry for senior students.
- Athletics: 200m champion in 2017 West Leinsters
- In addition the school sports the first Padel tennis court in Ireland, and students participate in occasional golf tournaments. The school also participates in school cross-country and athletics tournaments in the spring.